To excel, marketing, training and the sales teams need to be aligned. A communication plan and strategy needs to be developed that builds on the strengths of the organization, creating a culture of selling excellence focused on customer centricity.
Delta Point is unique among consulting firms because our consultants and leaders have successfully experienced working within these departments before joining Delta Point. This enables us to create a coordinated and unified plan that results in increased time with the customer, messages that resonate and a more engaged sales force.
The simple truth is that regardless of the sales model, only five things happen during a sales call. The sales representative:
- Opens the call
- Asks questions to gain understanding and to engender thinking
- Communicates the brand’s story using approved marketing assets and resources
- Handles objections and responds to customer feedback
- Asks for a specific commitment
To be effective, a sales representative needs to master each of these components of a sales call. Delta Point has developed training for each of these selling capabilities through a variety of mediums, designed for newly hired sales representatives through tenured professionals. We believe that learning is a life-long process and there is always room to grow and improve.
Meaningful Dialogue More Often
Some of our clients have asked for off-the-shelf programs that could make the greatest impact in the shortest amount of time. In response to this request, Delta Point created Meaningful Dialogue More Often.
The selling skills of Opening, Questioning and Closing, are the competencies most often identified by our clients as needing further development. Although there is no shortcut to mastering selling excellence, building the capabilities of sales representatives in these areas can make a noticeable difference in customer engagement and sales results.
Meaningful Dialogue More Often:
Without direct sales manager involvement, sales representatives will learn how to:
- Open the sales call by quickly capturing interest
- Ask Questions that trigger genuine dialogue and engagement
- Close the call more successfully with a commitment to action
This is not a peripheral exposure to skill development but a more involved training that takes three weeks to complete (for each skill). The program is designed to provide optimal flexibility:
- Self-guided workshops provide interactive exercises
- Recordings of the key concepts and practical uses are available through CDs or MP3s.
- Focus on providing practical application in the real-world setting